Somatic Education and Yoga – Relax on Sunday
Sunday 11 of September 2022
From 3 to 6 pm – £30 – book now
We are very excited to offer Somatic Movement Education in Macclesfield again: a safe, gentle and common sense approach to help relax the body and the mind, and to help ease chronic muscle pain for the long term. It is an educational process of neuromuscular re-training, a sensory motor method that helps you to reverse the cause of most chronic muscle pain.
This workshop is suitable for everyone, whether you are experiencing some discomfort in your body right now, or whether you want to enjoy an afternoon of gentle nurturing practices that you can take away with you and use to prevent strain and tensions.
Somatic Education allows more ease and freedom of movement in our bodies. It teaches us to recognize and release chronic pain patterns, resulting from injury, stress, repetitive motion strain, or habituated postures. Somatic exercises are simple, slow movements that are done comfortably on the floor. Through awareness and movement, they sequentially unwind holding patterns in the body. This enables you to enjoy the normal activities in you life, such as walking, running, yoga, sports, and everyday functional movements, with more pleasure and ease.
What to expect in this workshop:
- General introduction of Somatic Movement Education
- A gentle practice including releasing tense movement patterns and enjoying moving from “inside out”
- Experiential Yoga postures – classical yoga asana practised with inner clarity and awareness
- “Cat Stretch”: a series of daily movements that can be easily incorporated in your routine
- Final meditation and relaxation
Francesca trained with Living Somatics and has been practicing Somatic Movement education since 2007. She often incorporates some somatic movements in her yoga teaching, and she is very excited to offer an afternoon inspired by Hannah Somatics.
Sunday @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Start:11th September @ 3:00 pm
- End:11th September @ 6:00 pm
- Event Category