With Francesca – Sunday 12th of August 2018
From 1 to 4 pm – £25
We are very excited to offer Somatic Movement Education in Macclesfield again: a safe, gentle and common sense approach to help easing chronic muscle pain for the long term. It is an educational process of neuromuscular re-training, a sensory motor method that helps you to reverse the cause of most chronic muscle pain.
This workshop is suitable for everyone, whether you are experiencing some discomfort in your body right now, or whether you want to enjoy an afternoon of gentle nurturing practices that you can take away with you and use to prevent strain and tensions.
Somatic Education allows more ease and freedom of movement in our bodies. It teaches us to recognise and release chronic pain patterns, resulting from injury, stress, repetitive motion strain, or habituated postures. Somatic exercises are simple, slow movements that are done comfortably on the floor. Through awareness and movement, they sequentially unwind holding patterns in the body. This enables you to enjoy the normal activities in you life, such as walking, running, yoga, sports, and everyday functional movements, with more pleasure and ease.
What to expect in this workshop:
- General introduction of Somatic Movement Education
- A gentle practice including releasing tense movement patterns and enjoying moving from “inside out”
- Experiential Yoga postures – classical yoga asana practised with inner clarity and awareness
- “Cat Stretch”: a series of daily movements that can be easily incorporated in your routine (list of exercises provided for you to take home)
- Final meditation and relaxation
Francesca trained with Siddhartha Ingle of Living Somatics and has been practising Somatic Movement education since 2007. She often incorporates some somatic movements in her yoga teaching, and she is very excited to offer an afternoon dedicated exclusively to this wonderful art. This work is inspired by Hannah Somatics.